How to Join
To join the Upstate New York Chapter, you must first become a PMI member. There are a number of ways to do this:
- Apply online for PMI Membership - use the link .
- You can download an application form from www.pmi.org/info/GMC_MembershipApplication.pdf.
- You can pick up a membership packet at one of our monthly meetings.
On the application form, indicate that you also wish to join the Upstate New York Chapter.
- PMI annual membership dues: (+$10 new member fee).
- UNY chapter dues are an additional .
Once your membership application has been processed you will receive a welcome packet in the mail. If you have any questions regarding membership in the UNY Chapter please contact .
As a non-member, you may attend chapter meetings and seminars, but at a slightly
PMI Member Benefits
As a PMI member, you receive many valuable benefits that help to promote your professional and career development. These benefits include access to member's only services as well as discounts on many of PMI's valuable products (see below). For more details visit the national web site.
Member's Only Services
- Free Copy of the latest edition of the PMBOK® Guide CD ROM
- Subscriptions to PM Network®, Project Management Journal® and PMI Today
- Join PMI's Chapters, Specific Interest Groups (SIGs) and Colleges
- Access the Members Area of the Web site
- Access the PMI Member Community online
- PMI member insurance programs
- Renew your PMI membership online
- Advertise your resume/curriculum vitae to advance your career
- Apply for the PMI credit card through MBNA (U.S. members only)
Member's Only Discounts
- Certification exams
- Professional Development Seminars
- PMI Global Congress registration
- Knowledge and Wisdom Center information searches
- Career Headquarters online job postings
- PMI Publications, Products and Tools
- Research Conference registration
UNY Chapter Member Benefits
In addition to the benefits of PMI membership, there are many benefits of chapter membership. Among these are:
- At our monthly meetings, attendees have the opportunity to meet and interact with their peers in the industry.
- During these meetings, ideas are exchanged, and we are informed of the latest project management tools and techniques.
- Attendees are also informed of the latest chapter offerings, such as the PMP Prep Course; they are also informed of the discussions that take place at our quarterly Board of Directors meetings.
- Project Management Professionals (PMPs) have the opportunity to earn PDUs. As a result of attending a meeting, a certificate indicating the PDUs that you have earned for attending a meeting is issued to the member at the next meeting. This enables the member to keep track of the PDUs earned as well as the dates.
- Attendees have the opportunity to meet the officers of the chapter as well as ask questions, share ideas, or offer suggestions.
- Members have the opportunity to become more involved with the chapter as they learn about volunteer opportunities.
- Members have access to the chapter library of the latest project management books.